YAG Laser Hair Removal
The Nd Yag long pulse laser can be used safely on all skin types, including tanned.
Fast repetition rates and large coverage areas allow large areas of the body to be treated quickly. But patients who have used this laser reported feeling more discomfort during the treatment process. This laser is also less effective for light or fine hair, when compared to other lasers.
Which Fitzpatrick Skin Type is Nd Yag laser hair removal suitable for?
- Nd Yag Laser can be used for all types of skin (type I to type VI)
- It is known to be effective on darker or tanned skin
What are the advantages of Nd Yag laser hair removal?
- Works on almost all skin types including tanned or darker skin tones
- Nd YAG 1064 nm system is recommended for darkly pigmented skin
- Many studies have shown that these lasers are able to achieve a significant delay before hair grows again in the treated areas.
- Larger body areas can be treated very rapidly
What are the side effects of Nd Yag laser hair removal?
- When compared to other lasers, this laser is not that effective on white or light hair. It is also less effective when fine hair is involved.
- This laser may be more painful than other lasers
- There exists a risk of burns, scars, redness, skin discoloration, and swelling
- Has not been proven to be effective in achieving long-term results.
What are the different types Nd Yag Laser Devices Available?
The popular Nd YAG laser devices in the market are as follows. CoolGlide, Athos, Medlite IV, Varia, Lyra, and Image.
What are the specifications of the Nd Yag Laser?
- Repetition rate: Up to 10 Hz
YAG laser is a newer technique of laser hair removal. Its biggest advantage is that it usually works on all types of skin, in particular, even on tanned skin and on darker skin. This is something other lasers cannot do. But still ideal results have not been obtained with fine, light or white hair. Patients have reported that the YAG laser is painful. The YAG laser system is usually recommended for tanned skin or darkest skin.